5 Card Stud Advanced Strategies
Five Card Stud is a very interesting and pretty easy poker game. Because of the number of visible cards, it becomes easier for the players to judge the strength of their opponents' hands. As in any other poker game, you need to know when to hold and when to fold as every betting round unfolds.
Patience and skill will be your key. Consider the following strategies to increase your chances of winning the pot:
- Keep your eyes open. Be aware of your opponents' open cards to see if you have a winning or losing hand.
- If you see that your opponent has the cards that you need to improve your hand, it's time to fold and not waste anymore money.
- It is advisable to fold if another player's visible cards are strong. Just the same, you should fold if it's apparent that another player's exposed cards beat your entire hand.
- There are 13 cards in a suit, you need five of them to make a flush. If the ones you need already appear in your opponents' cards consider your hand dead. If you can't see them, though, it's still possible for you to receive those cards in the next round.
- If you are trying to play a straight, check first to see if other players have the cards you need.
- If it's time to fold, fold. Do not bet your money on a losing hand.