Texas Holdem/Texas Hold'em Poker Lessons
Texas Hold'em has three variations: Limit, No Limit, and Pot Limit. This page will tell you about Texas Hold'em rules, important tips, strategies, and how to play the three different variations.
Texas Hold'em Game Rules:
Each player is dealt with two down cards that are theirs alone. Then the dealer places five “community? cards face-up that the players share to combine with their two cards and make the best possible five-card hand.
- Play begins by dealing two cards face down to each player. These are called “hole cards? or “pocket cards?.
- Then the first round of betting follows.
- Play proceeds clockwise from the blinds where players are free to either fold, call the blind bet or raise.
- The blinds are usually “live?, meaning the players may raise themselves when the action gets back around them.
- Next, three cards are dealt face up in the middle of the table; this is known as the “flop?.
- A new round of betting begins starting on the first blind, immediately to the dealer's left.
- Another card is dealt face up, the “turn?, then another round of betting follows, again beginning to the dealer's left.
- Then the final card is dealt, the “river?, and the final round of betting.
Players remaining in the hand create the best five-card hand using any combination of the hole cards and community cards. The highest hand wins the pot.
Texas Hold'em Poker Flash Tutorial
Texas Holdem Strategy| The 3 Types of Texas Hold'em Poker |
Also visit: Free Texas Holdem or Texas Hold'em
Available in テキサス・ホールデム - 日本語